Call Today 253-235-4689

The Law Offices of Clayton R. Dickinson

We seek to reach a favorable outcome for our clients, whether that is through skillful negotiations and mediation, or through trial. We want you to know that while we take an aggressive approach in the courtroom, we are compassionate when working directly with clients.

University Place, Washington - Child Support Attorneys

Child support payment disputes are common in University Place, Washington and Clayton R. Dickinson has handled many of them. Each case has added to his experience and given him a new outlook on family law and how to approach child support cases. Not every custody or family situation is the same and when children are involved, things can get difficult. If you have been ordered to pay child support but do not feel the order is fair or if you believe you should be receiving child support for your child, it’s time to call an experienced child support attorney for help.

I’m Getting A Divorce, Do I Have To Pay Child Support?

In some cases child support is decided in divorce court. If you are getting a divorce or have gotten a divorce but have not determined who will pay child support and how much will be paid, you can hire an attorney to help you take care of it. Whether you want to file a child support claim or oppose a child support order, Clayton R. Dickinson can help.

What If I Can’t Afford To Pay Child Support?

Most child support payment amounts are determined by income, but just because you claim that you can’t afford to make the payments, doesn’t mean the judge will lower them or dismiss the case. If you have fallen on hard times and are unable to make child support payments, you will need to show proof of your financial situation and ask the judge to work with you. An attorney can help you negotiate an amount that you can afford and explain your situation to the judge.

How Does Custody Affect Child Support?

There are many things that are considered when a judge hears a child support case. Custody doesn’t have an effect on the amount of child support awarded and who receives it. In some cases, the parents may share custody of the children and no child support is granted to either party. Each case is different and your attorney will tell you what to expect in terms of custody and support.

If you are ready to get your child support case over with so you can focus on spending time with your children and living your life, now is the time to call Clayton R. Dickinson in University Place, Washington. Make sure your child support order is fair, call (253) 235-4689 now.